Sunroof misalignment

General Chat About Body, Interior & Strengthening

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

Mikecapri2.8i

Sunroof misalignment

Post by Mikecapri2.8i »

The sunroof seems to be misaligned when it closed, with the drivers side sitting farter back than the pass side. Is there something I can adjust to get the panel to move evenly on both sides? Is there two cables, one on each side? and maybe one has stretched? The only way to get it totally closed is to manual push the drivers side at the end of the travel that the cranks does..Any tips? Thanks

spookie

Post by spookie »

Hi, you can adjust the sunroof by releasing the screws that attach it to the runners. You can square it up and retighten the screws. There is only one cable and it is a worm type, push me-pull me cable. It pushes a frame in the middle which moves the sunroof.

Mikecapri2.8i

Post by Mikecapri2.8i »

Can you descripe where the screws are. Do I have to remove part of the headliner to get at them..thanks

spookie

Post by spookie »

Now that is a good question. If I remember right you have to remove the stainless steel guides/runners. The I think the screws are in the sides.
Sorry if it is a bit vague, it has been a while since I last looked at one in bits.

Mikecapri2.8i

Post by Mikecapri2.8i »

spookie wrote:Now that is a good question. If I remember right you have to remove the stainless steel guides/runners. The I think the screws are in the sides.
Sorry if it is a bit vague, it has been a while since I last looked at one in bits.
What do you mean by the sides? Sides of the runners or sides of the sunroof panel..Thanks

spookie

Post by spookie »

Hi, the sides of the runners. With the sunroof wound back they are inside the appature on top. They are stainless steel. Then wind the roof back and lift up by hand. This should expose the screws in the sides.
Cheers.

Mikecapri2.8i

Post by Mikecapri2.8i »

OK, will try and sort this out..thanks

mfw898y
Junior
Junior

Post by mfw898y »

Just done mine. If you open it half way back and give a sharp tug on the liner it will pop off. Gently pull it forward and wind back sunroof and it will come out with a little wiggle. You can then see the screws for front and rear rigging.
Just be carefull when you put the lining back in cos i ripped mine when i wound it back.

tommurphy73

Post by tommurphy73 »

Pictures would be great. Mine refuses to close fully. It comes all the way forward but will not go the last bit to make it flus with the roof. I have tried pushing it but still no good.

Regards
Tom

fleurbygerby

Post by fleurbygerby »

My sunroofs absolutely knackered, had to pull it closed wont slide anymore and had to push it down to close the tilt when him indoors tried to open it for me, I think the chords have come out and someone says thats one helluva job to do, so if anyone can help a poor li'l girl with some expert guidance I'd appreciate it!!

Capri2.8i

Post by Capri2.8i »

If the worm screw (Cord in bird talk ) :D has come out then its because the pin at the end of the worm screw has sheared off. If you remove the sunshades, mirror, hand rails, door rubbers and "A" piller trims you will be able to peel back the headlining carefully to gain access to the mechanism. The trick then is to try and get the worm screw wound back through enough to replace the sheared pin with a new one.
Hope this helps....

John