1979 MK3 Ghia

Mk3 Owners Please Tell Us About Your Capri Here

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

agd2612

1979 MK3 Ghia

Post by agd2612 »

Hi,

My name is Arthur, I grew up in London, from Greek parents, now living in Greece.

My car is a 1979 Mk3 Ghia in Oyster Gold with Chocolate interior. The car was purchased new by my father on 23/01/1979 from KT Ford in Erith, I remember that day very well despite being only 11 years old. I took over it in 1985.

Mileage is currently at 198.000 miles and running like a dream. The engine has never been apart, the diff is as quiet as a mouse, the automatic gearbox ditto. Slight problem with the left front strut (see other post) but that is it

In its early years it was constantly going to/from Athens/London, probably this is why it is still going strong...

Factory options over the usual Ghia spec are headlamp wash and electric aerial, I have added the RS front spoiler, genuine item, cost me an arm and a leg in the mid '80's, the S rear spoiler, sunroof shade, Lumenition ignition, full Janspeed exhaust including 4/2/1 manifold, Injection suspension front and rear including single leaf springs, the rare passenger side remote control door mirror. The front fog lights were added by the dealer before delivery. And that is it.

I had it resprayed in 1994 over here, as the sun and the high temperatures over here "killed" the original paint. The only rust on the car is on the infamous rear tailgate hinge area, that was fixed then but reappeared a couple of years back but it is very minor.

That is it, basically, it was my first car, the car I literally "grew" up with, love it to bits and will never sell it. It is promised to my eldest daughter (now 12), she adores it, as she grew up with it as well.

Arthur

1979 2000 Ghia (original owner)

speedysteve

Post by speedysteve »

looks nice :D