An "Easy" way to four link a Capri?

General Chat About Brakes, Wheels & Suspension

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

KiwiCapriV8

An "Easy" way to four link a Capri?

Post by KiwiCapriV8 »

G'Day all.
I'm building a November '73 Facelift Capri with a mild,roller cammed,carburettored 302 Windsor,C-4 auto & a Limited Slip Borg-Warner rear.
I've gutted the interior,shot it body colour & have a six point cage,alloy door cards & two race seats.I've taken around 250kg's of weight out of the car.(he he he) :twisted:
I've gone through the entire front end,replaced every bush,bolt & tie rod end.The engine is in place,fits well & I'll be bench pressing the transmission in as soon as the ground warms up so I don't freeze.
My thoughts are now aimed at the rear suspension.
I want to be able to use my Capri for drag racing,circuit racing & road use.
I came up with an easy way to four link the rear end & I'd love some feedback & thoughts on my idea...
Anyway,I was thinking of replacing the facelift rear sway bar with pre facelift upper control arms (well,chrome alloy,rose jointed adjustable copies) and for the lower two links,using the factory front leaf spring mounting points for the front & running these links back to the diff (chrome alloy,rose jointed,adjustable again) and add coil over shocks where the standard shocks would normally reside.
I'd add a panhard bar,too.
Good idea? Bad idea?I'd LOVE to know!

tommurphy73

Post by tommurphy73 »

Sounds like a good idea but do you have any photos of similar setups

Tom

csr
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by csr »

The rear shock mounts are just that - not designed to take the weight of the car.

Beef them up a bit to be safe.
Just some of what we do