24v .. help

Please let us know here of any parts needed to fit other engines into Capri shells, and any other modifications needed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

xcatleachyx

24v .. help

Post by xcatleachyx »

hi there,, Im rebuilding my 2.8 , to the 24v 6V.. Im up rated the brakes to the capri sport 260 kit,, , but im still rebuilding the car from the ground up.. I Have the older 2.8,, 4 speed box.. Iv been told its a very strong box, better than the type 9, im on a budget,, so cant realy spend out on the MT75 box, as there a respray to pay for extra.., , Iv never done this engine change before,, so would like some tips,,
Iv also got the 1in lower 190lt capri sport springs with the roller top mounts.., but these seem to have added an inch to the lenth of the strut.. will it still be 1in lower on rebuild??,.. Im just rebuilding the frunt end.

csr
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by csr »

You'll get lots of conflicting advice oth subject of 24V swaps.

So I'm going to tell you how it is - you can take note and build a sound reliable package
or you can listen to people who have no idea what they're doing, and it'll all go wrong.

The correct gearbox is far more important than the paint job.
You could use the box you have with a better clutch but you need the speed sensor.
You can mod a Sierra 4x4 cable to do this.
You will be told that it's not important but without the speed sensor and the exhaust sensors,
it will not run correctly. Fact not opinion.

look at http://.wwwcaprisport.com
Loads of 24V stuff - follow the simple "how Ford intended" plan and it'll go like the preverbial off a shovel
for the rest of your natural.
If you cut corners, be prepared for the problems that arise.

On the subject of springs - when you have the engine in and you drop it off the jack - you'll know -
untill that point, you're just guessing.
Just some of what we do