yank used to own mustang now want 24v 2.9 into capri

Please let us know here of any parts needed to fit other engines into Capri shells, and any other modifications needed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

kungfu

yank used to own mustang now want 24v 2.9 into capri

Post by kungfu »

go easy on me guys as i am new but i am not new to the world of cars or forums i am new over here in england and before i got here had to sell my turboed mustang 2002 . the fact is i can easily say i know almost everything about my mustang engine computer tuning suspension and so forth

the idea i have is simple LOLOLOLOL a 2.9l 24v custom gt40 turbo kit made by yours truley a sct dreamscience tuning software

what i need to know before i buy my capri shell is info from you guys about whats the best year on too buy and i still have laying around my old 8 inch ford mustang rear end complete with diff a dtroit locker diff yum yum

so please feed me witht he best year shell to buy and whats the suspension like in these bad boys i will be seting mine up for drag .

but hear is my biggest question guys i still have my tremec t5 tranny laying around (awesome tranny) and want to bolt in to the 24v 2.9l cosworth but who makes the custom bell housing please let me know thanks guys :D

germany78

Post by germany78 »

I recently bought a bellhousing from an American e-Bay auction that came from a 4.0 SOHC Cologne V-6 as fitted to the 2005 and newer Mustang; price was $50 shipped to my residence in the States. The bolt pattern across the top and sides appears identical to a '74-'78 Mustang II 2.8 bellhousing, and a Scorpio V-6 bellhousing I imported from the UK. The 4.0 bellhousing (both OHV and SOHC versions) also bolted to the oil pan, but I don't believe that will hinder your (or mine to a T-5) conversion. Just make sure the Cosworth uses the same bolt pattern as other Cologne V-6s.

I think the key will be sourcing all the Mustang parts, then everything should bolt together. Make sure your input shaft is the correct length, too. The new Mustang uses a hydraulically activated clutch, so you'll also need to engineer and hang a clutch master cylinder.