efi pinto engine to carb

Please let us know here of any parts needed to fit other engines into Capri shells, and any other modifications needed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

snizeldelabmx

efi pinto engine to carb

Post by snizeldelabmx »

hello!
Ive just registerd here, im a new capri owner from south spain, and im preparing it for clasic car rallys.

I have a mk3 capri with the efi pinto engine. I bough a new weber 32/36 kit with the manifold and everything, and Ive taken of the efi sistem.

the car stars perfectly and sounds great. the only thing is when I press the throtle at max when the car is at 1000rpm this does like an explosion and some fire comes out the carb, and It revs up. but it doesnt do it if the car is at 2000 rpm or more and you press the throotle at max.

and my other question is. having the efi engine head and carb manifold, wich would be the correct gasket to mount the efi one or the carb one.

the diference is onle a litle curve that the head has for the inyectors.

thanx a lot for you time

csr
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by csr »

:lol: eeeerrrrrr - spannnerrr :lol:
Just some of what we do

classiccapri

Post by classiccapri »

i agree with that previouspost.

you can achive far more power and a better all round running engine using the standard injection stuff. its true that the head sits on a carb better but given you had all the injection stuff ready fitted, i would have left well alone.

snizeldelabmx

Post by snizeldelabmx »

hi!
sorry didnt aswer before....

the car was sitting for 5 years and the inyection was fucked up, too expensive (at least here in spain) to repair.

I managed to fix the problem. because it layed all that time, the admision spring valve from cilinder 1 was compresed too long, that it wasnt closing propely the valve, so I was getting some explosion out the carb.

all ok know.

thanx!!