Rover V8 Conversion

Please let us know here of any parts needed to fit other engines into Capri shells, and any other modifications needed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

Zackspeed280

Brakes - GTR

Post by Zackspeed280 »

I'd just like to add that I first started talking to CapriSport at their very first outing to a car show with their GTR 260 brakes on display. I've got the mondeo 280 kit on my 17in wheeled Zackspeed copy and they are fantastic. Other than working better than the original brakes (in their best condition) ever could the best improvement was made to me in 05 when I spent my summer 'assisting' the Iraqis in south Iraq. On my return to the UK I reconnected the battery and drove away - a week later on leave I tried to do the same to my 2.8i braked 3.1 Ghia, solid - totally knackard!

The effort CapriSport put into proving their kit and making it reliable is second to none. Its this reliability that makes the difference. I'm currently doing a 24V conversion, a turbo 2.8i EFI and when I get bored with those I have my RV8 Bullitt build to get on with!!! Oh, and yes - gf's Mini is being restored in my workshop (my her) next to me so I get pulled to that occasionally!!! CapriSport is the only capri club I'm a member of now because I know that if I ask, the info they will give me will be second to none.

I'd recommend the GTR brake upgrades to anyone, the only brakes I know that are better are the AP Racing 4-pots on my Westfield but they are just super light for that type of car - and bloody expensive! (But the discs are still bolted to the rear of the hub so doesn't help with the heat-loss like the GTR does) I paid £100 for the 4 wheels (with two good tyres) and both mondeo front brakes on the Zackspeed280 and they even came with good pads fitted so the bargains are out there! Go buy a MOT failed 2.0 Zetec Mondeo and strip the brakes off it and sell the engine to a kit car builder! Hopefully I'll find a Pigrim Sumo builder to buy all my un-needed 24V scorpio parts when I've lifted the engine out next week!!

Capri 2.8 (A) Tickford replica in build with 280 interior/wheels and original bodykit.
Capri 280 (E) 24V Supercharged Conversion in progress with nearly new shell.
All the parts, not enough time, not nearly enough garages so selling parts slowly!

csr
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by csr »

The cheque is in the post - cheers!
Just some of what we do

demo2

Post by demo2 »

How much u pay him 2 say that then? :D

Zackspeed280

Post by Zackspeed280 »

Nothing!!! I give credit when credit is due. I've had the standard brakes are fine argument with capri owners all over the place. Unfortunatly some of them are just impressed with the size of the brake disc! Although I have to admit when I put the 17in wheel over the standard brakes it did all look very pathetic!!!

I'm finally pulling my 24V Granada apart at the moment, did anyone get anywhere with ABS for the Capri? Neil mentioned he was looking at it about 5 years ago?
Capri 2.8 (A) Tickford replica in build with 280 interior/wheels and original bodykit.
Capri 280 (E) 24V Supercharged Conversion in progress with nearly new shell.
All the parts, not enough time, not nearly enough garages so selling parts slowly!