Will it even fit?

Please let us know here of any parts needed to fit other engines into Capri shells, and any other modifications needed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

Creed1987

Will it even fit?

Post by Creed1987 »

Hi guys,

Firstly would just like to say Hi to the community and that I am happy to be here!
I have stripped down a MK3 Capri for the purpose of restoring and turning into an even more fun car.
She has just had the welding and bodywork finished on her and I am now considering (once again) what engine I want for her heart transplant.

I have read over the last year or so about several engine swaps that others have taken on, many of which float my boat!
Something I recently uncovered and have given thought to is a RANGE ROVER P38 4.6 V8.

I have heard the engine, it runs, but there are issues, all of which I am willing to undertake. I am just curious if anyone else has taken on this swap? Is there enough room (I should think so)? Just how much body work would need doing to accommodate the engine and box? Am I better off using a different box?

I am after some more power, but I am more looking for that sound... Not the one you hear hitting the limiter at McDonalds on a friday night, but the long deep burble of a V8.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Cheers

Creed

Coops
Site Admin & Owner
Site Admin & Owner
Location: Compton, Nr Newbury, Berkshire Drives: Supercharged 4.6 efi V8 Capri

Post by Coops »

Im running a 4.6 v8 in mine,
what do you need to know???
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Rotrex C38-91 supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost.
Sponsored by: www.extraefi.co.uk & www.interpart.biz & www.caprisport.com
Web site: http://www.capriracing.co.uk