what size alloys under x pack arches?

General Chat About Body, Interior & Strengthening

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

cossiecapri

what size alloys under x pack arches?

Post by cossiecapri »

hi,what would be the best size alloys to fit a x pack.i would really like to have halibrand replica's with spinners 8x17 front,9x17 rears.i'm not sure about off set.any body got any info?

ford 351's sound like thunder!!!

Zackspeed280

X-Pack Alloys

Post by Zackspeed280 »

Best way is to offer up a template of the wheel and measure the offset yourself rather than picking the closest dimension someone else quotes for a similar sized wheel. I've got 7*17s on my Mk3 X-Pack and they fill the arches nicely but only with custom spacers - watch out on full lock that such a wide front wheel doesn't touch the footwells or you'll need lock-stops on the rack. But my Mk2 X-Pack will have 8*13s for the road (235/50/13s) and 10*13s for the track, both compomotives - 10s are split rims) and will have lock-stops as well.

I'm assuming your getting your wheels made by Image - if so you can quote the size. Contact Tim Morris (capri302) as he had Image wheels on his gorgeous yellow 24V X-Pack a number of years ago and he may remember the offsets. Hallibrands will look really good.

More importantly with 17in wheels that are that wide is the profile of the tyre, as to have something more than a rubber band with the width needed for a 9in wide rear your rolling radius is going to be much larger than original - so speedo needs recalibrating and much more power will be needed or you'll be beaten off the lights by you Mums shopping trolley - excellent low revs at cruise and mpg though!!!
Capri 2.8 (A) Tickford replica in build with 280 interior/wheels and original bodykit.
Capri 280 (E) 24V Supercharged Conversion in progress with nearly new shell.
All the parts, not enough time, not nearly enough garages so selling parts slowly!

cossiecapri

Post by cossiecapri »

thankyou for the reply
ford 351's sound like thunder!!!