Carbon Fibre Bonnet

General Chat About Body, Interior & Strengthening

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

IanD
Junior
Junior

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Post by IanD »

Ok, I dunno if this is asking in the right section, but does anyone know of a company that will use my old bonnet, make a mold and make me a bonnet in Carbon Fibre good enough for road use?

Keeping The Legend Alive ! ....

reman

Post by reman »

you might want to chat to Smith and Deakin, They make glassfibre panels but I know they used to use Kevlar as well so it might be worth talking to them, There web site is www.smithanddeakin.co.uk , Mind you due to the size of the bonnet and the cost of carbon fibre, I cant see you getting any change from £600 for this.

mfw898y
Junior
Junior

Post by mfw898y »

Zackspeed280

How much!!!!

Post by Zackspeed280 »

My god, they aren't cheap are they! Glad I've been keeping my original Mk2 X-Pack and Tickford kits in the garage all these years!!! :lol:
Capri 2.8 (A) Tickford replica in build with 280 interior/wheels and original bodykit.
Capri 280 (E) 24V Supercharged Conversion in progress with nearly new shell.
All the parts, not enough time, not nearly enough garages so selling parts slowly!

IanD
Junior
Junior

Re: How much!!!!

Post by IanD »

Zackspeed280 wrote:My god, they aren't cheap are they! Glad I've been keeping my original Mk2 X-Pack and Tickford kits in the garage all these years!!! :lol:
LOL i've been quoted at least £500 quid :shock: to make a bonnet in Carbon Fibre for me. And thats just the outer shell, the internals are another £250 quid :shock:

I tried Smith and Deakin a year or so ago and they weren't interested full stop :evil:
Keeping The Legend Alive ! ....