Seat belt question

General Chat About Body, Interior & Strengthening

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

bexupnorth

Seat belt question

Post by bexupnorth »

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me exactly where the fitting points are for rear seatbelts in a Mark III?

Many thanks,

Ade.

chiefcapri2.8

Post by chiefcapri2.8 »

Hi Ade,
The rear seat belts have 3 anchor points. You'll have to get underneath your rear seat to find some of them. There is 1 on the bottom of each wheel arch panel inside the car, close to where it runs into the floor pan. There are 2 more, one on each side, next to the curve of the rear 3/4 glass, close to where the rear speaker shelves sit. And there should be 1 or 2 underneath the seat in the middle of the car, for the seat belt clasps.
Hope this helps mate!
Best thing to do is get one of the seat belt bolts and just try it in any likely looking holes near the areas i've tried to described, they have a different thread size to anything else on the car so if it goes in the hole you found it!
Keith

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

the holes in the floor should have black plastic grommets in them, and the threads that go into the wheel tubs will be rusted up... best cleaned out with a tap... but can be done with a spare bolt if you are careful.

The rear shelves that support the pacel shelf need to be cut to take the rear belt reels... they are marked up underneath. The side panels ned to be drilled in 2 places... one for the main locating bolt and a smaller one for the tang that locates the reel at the correct angle. It is possible to do this with them still in the car, but it aint easy.

I notice you are from Northallerton... do you know Andy Ellis (blue 2.8i special).

bexupnorth

Post by bexupnorth »

Thanks for the replies guys, that's a job for the weekend then :D

So far I haven't met any other capri owners locally, but I'm keen to get started. Are there any popular meeting places?