Kyle's 302W 5.0 V8 Monster

Mk3 Owners Please Tell Us About Your Capri Here

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

kylepiggy

Kyle's 302W 5.0 V8 Monster

Post by kylepiggy »

just thought i would post up some quick pics of my recently aquired capri. its a 1981 3.0 S with some serious modification

Shell resprayed 2 yrs ago in sifnal orange using 9 ltrs of paint inside outside and underneath
engine
1971 ford mustang 302 5.0 V8 with holley 670cfm vac sec chrome carb and solid lifter cam and mallory and MSD electronic ignition system finished off with crome ford racing rocker covers. Running around 300bhp mark
Running gear
originally a ford C4 3 speed automatic but in the process of being converted to a tremec T5 5 speed mustang box with lightend billet flywhell and performance clutch. one piece custom prop and LSD rear atlas axle running 3.44 ratio
Brakes
AP 4 pot calipers on front believe to be off a princess rear brakes converted to cosworth discs very good stopping power and alo braided lines
Suspension
uprated monroe shocks all round lowered springs on front and Gartrac de-cambered single leaf springs finished off with pollybushes all round
Interior
striped with checker plate on floor rear seats removed battery in back push button start 3.0 S door cards and dash ford puma cup car bucket seats in blue and 4 point harnesses. 6 point safty devices roll cage with rare cross bar at front above the windscreen.
Exterior
in signal orange all standard appearance apart from turbo tail rear spoiler. and last stainless exhaust system all the way through but with steel 4 branch mustang headman headers or what we call manifolds lol

list of things to do
electric windows as winders catch on rollcage
central locking
alarm system
custom autogauge dials
upgrade front brake to capri sport 260 system with land rover master cylinder and line lock system.if any of you have a keen eye i did buy this off of matt who is the owner of retroford international. just working through all the small problems to get it up to perfect spec but was a good start as its a mint shell one of the cleanest i have ever seen and a very good paint job. just thought i would add that the very ugly looking bloke on second pic is me LMAO

caprijunkie

Post by caprijunkie »

Nice Capri, i'm building a 289 one at the mo just wanted to ask what rad you're running? looks smart in the bay.
Cheers
Simon