My 2.8i

Please post current projects <b>IN BUILD NOW</b> in here,
Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

Insane Eddie

My 2.8i

Post by Insane Eddie »

Ok i posted a few pics on the old forum and thought i would put an update in here. You can see the old pics using this link:

http://www.capriracing.co.uk/oldforum/t ... IC_ID=1873

I have done quite alot of work since then, The engine got taken out as it was getting to cold to work on it outdoors. Any way on with the pics.

The engine out and not looking too good

My brother is going to kill me for this as he doesn't know i've stollen his spare wheel to support the gearbox, i realy hope he doesn't get a flat!

The Heads

On the stand at last, sump off

Pistons out

And the crank

Block doesn't look tooo bad :?

I have got more photos just haven't uploaded them yet. Since all these were taken the engine has spent a week in a parafin bath has been all cleaned up and painted, the heads have been skimmed ans the exhaust has been ported out a lil bit and the valves re-ground in, I have photos on my mobile but my Bluetooth adaptor has broken. I'm just waiting on piston rings and crank bearings now and it should be almost ready to go back together.

Any ways i hope someone reads this!

Cheers Eddie 8)

Sideways Is Rightways.

Insane Eddie

Post by Insane Eddie »

Ok I?m sure no one is reading this really but at least I got a record!!

I have finally got some pictures of the engine as it stands at the moment, work on it has unfortunately ground to a hold because the guy doing allot of the work on it is getting married and moving house at the same time so he's been a little preoccupied atm!!

Not being able to work on the engine I have concentrated on some or the more mundane but none the less important jobs. I needed to change both front seatbelts as one never locked and the other never unlocked, I couldn?t believe how much of the interior needed to come off to achieve this! I have also started to weld over and filler some of the holes I created by removing the bumpers and the rubber door trims. I have changed the fuel filter but unfortunately the new one is massive so I needed a new mount which I had to make and only just clears the bonnet. I have fitted a wired mk2 rear lights but am at a loss were to fit a fog light as I have been told it will fail its MOT without one I don?t know if this is true or not though?? I have also started putting in the wiring for the cooling fan and override switch on the dash.

Anyway that enough twaddle from me only 4 pictures and one of them is a bit dodgy!!

The engine as it stands now, I believe the colour is Volvo grey as it was all that was about at the time!
As you might be able to see the new filter is huge but it was the only one i could find to fit?

Anyway thanks for looking with anyluck it might be running soon!

Cheers Eddie 8)
Sideways Is Rightways.

mfw898y
Junior
Junior

Post by mfw898y »

Cant help thinking the backgroung looks a familiar setting :roll:
Keep the pics coming! As far as i'm aware fog lights fall under the "if fitted, must be working" rule, if anyone can comfirm.