2.8i Mk3 front indicator problems

General Chat About Electrics,
And Ignition Systems.

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

Christovski456

2.8i Mk3 front indicator problems

Post by Christovski456 »

hey, i am posting on behalf of a friend who has just bought a 2.8i 87 capri, bought and drove it home Everything was fine, than as soon as it was turned off it wouldnt start again just kept turning over. He realized that the fuel pump wasnt coming on when the ignition was turned, but there was a little pink/purple box dangling down by the acselorator pedel, after knocking it and hearing the fuel pump start up he sorted it and now its fine, But he just noticed that the Front indecators and the main beams are not working, he's tryed the usual, checked fuses (Obvious ones), given it a magic blow and stared at it for hours but none of witch have worked. Not sure if the first part is related in any way, but thought it wont hurt to mention it. If anyone can help him with this he will be for ever greatful

oh forgot to mention, when he first open the bonet there was a peice of crappy speaker wired connected between the two connector blocks that have the side-lights on, cant rember exsactly what hole they were pushed into though

csr
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by csr »

I guess you have this sorted by now but just in case and for anyone else

The earth is the only thing that links indicators to headlights.
A rusty screw in the headlamp bowl.
Just some of what we do