Hot starting problems

General Chat About Electrics,
And Ignition Systems.

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

DylanEvans

Hot starting problems

Post by DylanEvans »

I've got 1981 2.8I - cold starting is fine, engine warms up and rpm drops to idle as running temp is reached. Hot starting is very slow and engine turns over for 5-6 secs before it finally starts, I usually have to floor the throttle to get her to fire up, once started the engine runs fine with no issues. Any help would be apppreciated

oldblack

Post by oldblack »

Hi just try this, unplug the blue connector on the cold start valve,now try and start your car, if it starts when hot you can leave it like this, it starts from cold with the connector unplugged anyway, or buy a new cold start valve, if this does not work. There is a rubber o ring in the metre head I would try next that needs replacing,as your fuel system is losing pressure. I was reading somewhere that if your car starts under 12 seconds Bosch considers this to be ok although it seems a long time to me.

eddie79

Post by eddie79 »

oldblack wrote:Hi just try this, unplug the blue connector on the cold start valve,now try and start your car, if it starts when hot you can leave it like this, it starts from cold with the connector unplugged anyway, or buy a new cold start valve, if this does not work. There is a rubber o ring in the metre head I would try next that needs replacing,as your fuel system is losing pressure. I was reading somewhere that if your car starts under 12 seconds Bosch considers this to be ok although it seems a long time to me.
I tried this and it didn't work. Is there something really simple I am missing?
For hyundai i10 car mats visit mycarmats.co.uk