aldon ignitor electronic ignition converter

General Chat About Electrics,
And Ignition Systems.

Moderators: phpBB2 - Administrators, Moderators

freelandingman

Post by freelandingman »

anyone know which one i should use,would it be the one for the ford v6 motocraft or............

or does anyone know a cheaper way of doing this,its gonna cost me about 80 to 90 quid

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

if it's for a pinto, then the cheapest way to electronic ignition is to rob out an old Sierra... you want the one with the vacuum capsule on the dizzy and you need to take the dizzy, Motorcraft box on inner wing, coil and wiring. £20 to £30 from a breakers.

freelandingman

Post by freelandingman »

afraid not its for a 2.8i,wish ther website was easier

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

I don't get it... the 2.8i has "hall effect" electronic ignition as standard (the aluminium "Duraspark" unit on the passengers side inner wing at the back), so why are you looking at Aldon kits?

freelandingman

Post by freelandingman »

becouse the aldon kit gets rid of the points that are inside the distributor

capri_turbo

Post by capri_turbo »

yeah... I know that it replaces the points... but you say it's for a 2.8i... they don't have points...

only the 4 pots and the 3 litres had the conventional contact breaker ignition system. The 2.8i has "hall effect" (magnetic triggered) electronic ignition (Fords "Duraspark" system) as standard.

If you have a 2.8i with contact breaker ignition, then someone has changed it in the past as ALL 2.8i Capris left the factory with Duraspark "hall effect" electronic ignition.